Eye of the Tigger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app

4 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app Empty [ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app

Post  Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:01 am

Name: Your real first name.

Real life: I'm 30 years old student( I know Very Happy) from Finland at a small city called Joensuu and studying to became a teacher of history and all'so preschool teacher, going to finish my studies in a year or so. While not studying i´m doing part time job as an security guard( at summer time around 30-40 hours). As far as my hobbies go i´m a gamer first playing games such as WOT, Diablo etc. and allso doing lots of table top gaming such as warhammer 40k. To counter this i´m all´so an sportaholic doing gym and running on regular basis and spending time with my gf.

As far as personalities go I´m really laid back, friendly, sociable and don´t get stressed on many things, but when it comes to gaming I´m all business. As far as any gaming goes I´m very very competetive person so I´ll allways strive to do my best to beat the rest so to say, but doing so in a fashion that benefits all in a team based effort like wow.

Character: Shadowpriest/disc priest, been playing both out of nessesity, but i prefer to play as an dps. Have few alts like hunter on nodrassil witch i played partly during cata raiding since guild then did not have hunters.

Armory: Can post try to log in as guest and post it on next message, but its khafra shadowpriest at ghostlands.

Description: My build flexes depending on boss that we´r on. I usually switch my talents on every boss and basically on tier 1-3 talents are fixed rest are subject to change depending on type of a current fight. Top tier talent depends on the fact that do we need healing on the fight and do we stack, as divine star provides best support as far as healing goes, I´ll do cascade if multpile mobs are spread on wide area(like will or elegon), and halo on bosses that are rather stationary and allow positioning on 25 yard sweetspot. Fourth tier talent is a no brainer atm as insanity is insanely good, and fdcl was nerfed to ground( might be usefull on fights that have 3-4 mobs constantly up, after that the procs become unmanageable). Mindbender is not competetive atm. Tier 5 talent depends allso on the fight, PI on fights that are stationary and have one boss( Jin´rokh) or need bursting, Tof on fights where ye can abuse it constantly( elegon, horridon type fights), and divine insight on fights that require lot´s of moving and have multiple mobs available to dot. Glyphs are pretty basic, taking less dmg is allways good, running speed is pro and dark binding is still ok despite healing nerfs to shadow healing.

As far as gearing goes i´m pushing all haste atm, as soon as i get t15 2 piece and get ilevel to 510-515. At those ilevels I´ll go completely bonkers and put on all haste gems(xept int ones those go to haste int) and try to push to bit less than 11k haste because of the ticks to my dots i get from exra haste. After legendary meta its gonna be all haste because of the way it stacks with power infusion and haste in general. Lei´shin trinket all´so changes gearing a bit dropping crit below mastery.

As far as playing goes, i usually start by getting int potion down and popping devouring plagues as starter, if i have three orbs in store. After that it´s mind blast and hen benefit from insanity as long as i can and after that its dots in. Priority goes dp 3 orbs, mind blast(generating orbs for devouring plagues is priority), shadow word death, mf insanity, shadow word pain, Vampiric touch, halo/cascade/divine star, mf. I all´so try to refresh dots when i get sufficent amount of procs from trinkets, bl etc. If not dps:n ill try to provide runnin speed with my shield to peeps that need to run away from stuff and pop divine prayer fer extra heals. Hymn of hope is usually used when healers require it and i have suitable spot on rotation to pop it, so i usually try to anticipate when it´s needed and use it.

Experience: I started wow back in vanilla days. I used to play as an warlock on Argent dawn server. We had small rp guild there, but we raided bwl and aq40 with an onyx raiding community. After tbc came i joined apocalypse and got to karazhan, but wasn´t too exited about it and decided to take an break from wow.

When Wotkl came out I joined my friends guild addicts on Alonsus and started playing healing priest. We cleared first tier of content without problems. After ulduar came out our guild started to have problems to get full raids on and our raiding team disintegrated to 10 man raiding. Up til toc i was mainly 10 mannin and after we cleared toc on 10 man insanity i decided to move to an more serious and 25 man raiding guild.

After addits I transfered my priest to Nodrassil where i joined newly formed raid guild Semi Detached. At SD we managed to get server first heroic maddness down(on dps front I was number 6 shadowpriest on wol pre buff:D), but sady we couldnt get insanity despite our best efforts. Then came icc and we started doing the place with two eams one 25 man and one 10 man. At 25 man we got lk down after some difficulties, but on ten man we got lk down on first week, so we got some fast heroic kills on icc on second week. Sadly the two raid situation was bit too much as we had some 16 hour grind on 10 man during weekends, and that was tad bit too much fer my liking and I took another break from wow.

This break was bit shorter than first one since i wasn´t actually bored with the game but it was more down to the fact that i was really tired due to too much raiding. After cata came out i joined casual craft wich was 10 man guild founded by some members of SD. The guild didn´t have need fer shadow priest, but lacked hunter so i leveled and geared hunter fer raiding. We managed to get 5 hc kills on first tier, before we had to finish raiding due to our raid leader having paralyzed his arm and allso difficulties in recruiting more suitable ppl in low pop realm like nodrassil.

After casual craft dissolved I moved to ghostlands to help my friends struggling guild natural born losers on Ghostlands. After i joined the guild I was chucked as an raid leader allmost instantly since they´r raid leader had just quitted and progress was quite bad. After that we managed to clear the place on normal and got 1 hc kill before Dragon soul came out. After DS came we managed to get 6/8 hc on the place before we had to receed raiding due to summer time. After pandaland came out we had more and more inconsistencies on our raiding, since we had Finnish only guild and recruiting on server has been mostly trough friends. At first tier we managed only to push to 14/16, because of lack of ppl. After tot came out we´v had trouble getting raids organized and getting progress due to lack of ppl( 2 tanks decided to get break from game). And thats why I´m applying to new guild, to get some heroic raiding going on again( and not lead raids constantly, thats fun if ye dont have to do it all the time)

Expectations: I´d like to get some heroics under my belt once again. I love progressive raiding because i like to challenge myself on this game, but i dont have 5 days a week to do it so 2-3 night raiding is only option. As far as attendance goes, I´v been raid leader fer two years now and so I have basically showed up 2 nights a week every week, when we have raiding going, and My work doesn´t come on the way( witch is quite rarely). Witch is ironical that as far as this spring goes I´m going to italy at next month so if i get accepted would have to miss some raids witch i loathe, but hey it´s Italy ;D. I have organized my hobbies and personal life in a way that i allmost allways have free time during raid nights and can commit my best to em.

As far as why i do play the game is mainly raiding. I like the experience, as an whole and love the competetive aspect of it. I want to make progress, and evolve as an raider to be the best i can in a game. Have been playing the game a long time and has all the intentions to do so in the forseable futute.

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app Empty Armoury link

Post  Khafra Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:05 am

Here is the armory link fer my application

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Khafra/advanced

Khafra
Piglet

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app

Post  Knuckler Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:13 am

Hi Khafra! Thanks for your application. It's very thorough and well written.

Being a shadow priest is a perfect fit for our roster and you seem like you'd fit in socially as well Smile We'll have a short discussion internally and get back to you before the end of the day.

/Knuckler
Knuckler
Knuckler
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Khafra - Shadowpriest app

Post  Lachtobi Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:02 am

Hey there,

Thanks for an elaborate and insightful app. You seem to fit the profile and background of many of our raiders, and that's something we value highly. We haven't been able to find any logs of recent performance, but your raiding background and raid leader experience proves that you know your way around and ultimately that's what we're looking for. As a competitive person myself I can appreciate your approach to the game...

...and I look very much forward to beating you on the meters in raids to come! Welcome aboard Smile
Lachtobi
Lachtobi
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  Khafra Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am

Awesome, ill be transferring today as soon as i get home from school.

- Khaf

Ps. And I just noticed i had forgotten my real name from app witch is Miika Kettunen.

Khafra
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Xathrina Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 am

Hey Miika!

Good to have on board, looking forward to seeing you in action.

/Xath
Xathrina
Xathrina
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachtobi Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

What a shame. "Your real first name" would have made for much more entertaining mumble conversations. Twisted Evil
Lachtobi
Lachtobi
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down