Eye of the Tigger Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Joint App from Zephism/Valhallen (Rogue&DK)

5 posters

Go down

[Declined] Joint App from Zephism/Valhallen (Rogue&DK) Empty [Declined] Joint App from Zephism/Valhallen (Rogue&DK)

Post  zephism Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Quick foreword: The recruitments in-game are hilarious.

This is a joint app from Zephism/Valhallen for Eye of the Tigger.

Zephism:

Name: Felix, although everyone just calls me Zeph online and in real life.
Location: Born in Holland, moved to Scotland to live with girlfriend. Ah the wondrous Skyrim style outdoors where you randomly see deer get shot and eaten by foxes and rabid bunnies.

Real life: Done a year in college for IT Application developer before I had to move so I just dropped that out, currently working at a game store to make some money and keep me busy. I'll probably pick up a course again soon. Whenever I'm not playing WoW I'm usually playing other games like League of Legends or Starcraft / Battlefield / TF2. Love playing the guitar, been at it for a couple of years now and it still exhilarates me whenever I get to strum the strings. I also build them like a luthier does although obviously not on a professional level, just a hobby. Rest of my time's spent eating (which I love I love you), spending time with girlfriend & her family, cats, create more guitars, waste most of my cash on games, stay in touch with friends from Holland etc.

Character and spec:
Zephism
Rogue

(I've transferred my rogue to play with Valhallen on Draenor because he was very ronery.)

I play Assassination right now, because it's the highest single target DPS outside of cleave fights. I've played Subtlety for the entire Cataclysm patch, and is by far my favorite spec of the three because the rotations are complex and engaging and just ultimately something refreshing, new. Unfortunately it's fallen behind in MoP but should it rise up again in terms of power and effectiveness I'll definitely will switch back to it. Most people do not play Sub because it's too complex and I give them right, there is no high risk high reward style for this in the same way as Combat/Assassination (easier rotation and similar dps).
In the end, a good rogue should be able to handle all three and it boils down to preference and what your raid setup needs. Plus it's awesome to teleport around. And daggers, I love daggers.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Zephism/simple
(Worst luck ever with off-hand)

Description:
Please refer to Character and spec as well.
You'd think a rogue only offers damage but many oversee the little tools they bring such as Expose Armor (if for some reason you don't have a warrior in your raid for example) for the 12% armor reduction which benefits the whole raid, or the new Smokebomb that reduces raid damage taken by 20%.
Not to mention my favorite spell Feint which pretty much reduces the damage taken by literally everything by a lot, making rogue survivability high and taking stress off the healers.
For theorycrafting and all that jazz I like to read on EJ and I use Shadowcraft as my spreadsheet to optimize DPS, I think it's quite interesting delving deep into mechanics.
The talents I pick strongly vary from encounter to encounter. Many adds? Marked for Death is the way to go! Big raid damage? Elusiveness will save my bum. Lots of running around? Burst of Speed will save the day.

Experience:
Oh dear, my memory is really bad. I think it was in WotLK before Ulduar came out, my girlfriend got me to play WoW with her and I took my time to level and to do a bit of everything e.g. PvP/achievements/60-70 raids etc.
I've seen every raid pretty much, with heroics weaved inbetween each tier.
Examples are: Firelands 7/7, 3/7 HC
Dragon Soul: 8/8, 3/8 HC
Currently on 1/8 ToT but didn't get many bashes going. As for MSV/HOF etc, didn't get to complete it as I stopped playing and only returned recently.
Reason being is moving locations and sorting out everything there. (Scotland)
I've done MSV 6/6 recently however on 10n, and HOF was at 2/4 before I took my break.

Expectations:
I just expect a fun and lax guild for me and my friend to get in and have fun with but still can progress. I just believe we'd be a great asset to any raid guild, providing insight when needed and always do our best. We're always on time for raids and pull our own weight.

Other:
In Arathor;

I've been an Officer of The Usual Suspects for over a year now, we've raided every tier since Cataclysm, weaving in some heroics in between. It wasn't the most hardcore guild, but they were content with whatever they decided on. I left after a fellow officer decided to play boss whilst the GM was offline during raids. I've served this guild for the whole year, always on time on raids and it's a pity that they ended it like that. When I left all my friends in that guild left too.
Before this I had my own guild that I made for fun with friends during WotLK and it was a casual raid guild really, we did put effort into getting the Lich King down
however. Then we just screwed around. Smile

"Achievements"
Completion of Fangs of the Father questline in Cataclysm during the last patch. (Huzzah!)
Realm 2nd Rogue 90 Sad -- Was more of a fun experiment really Smile
I do PvP for fun, got to 1800 rating in WotLK then called it quits.

Valhallen's side of the story:

Name: Alex

Real life:
I'm a 21 year old unemployed lazy bastard that keeps wasting time on video games and not trying to find a job. I have a big passion for video games and in the future I hope I'll be working in the video game industry as a game tester or anything else related. I enjoy listening to repetitive trance music 24/7 since I got bored of listening to Metal. I suck at describing myself so feel free to ask.
(Zeph's note: socially awkward ;_; Nah just kidding)

Character:

Valhallen
Frost 2H Death Knight

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Valhallen/simple

Description:

I'm playing Frost 2H because at the moment because it's the top DPS for DK's and also easy to learn.
The talents I use are: Plague Leech (Unholy Blight and Boiling Blood give no dps/survivability increase)
Lichborne: for when there's heavy raid damage and cannot DPS boss, I use it with a Death Coil macro to heal myself /
Death's Advance: sometimes it can be a DPS increase and it also removes slows
Death Pact: for survivability
Runic Empowerment: It's the most preferred talent for Frost 2H even though sometimes the RNG can bite you in the butt at the same time it can give you a big DPS boost if you're lucky
Remorseless Winter: To CC any adds.

Experience:
A month ago or so I came back from a break then I transfered from Ragnaros to Draenor and ever since I'm trying to look for a Guild to progress.
So far: MsV 6/6 HoF 1/6 - ToT 1/12
In the past I've seen the same Zeph did because we were in the same guild beforehand and I was in his own guild as well.

Expectations:
Just as Zeph said, we just want a guild that can be serious about progressing but still can keep the game as a game, and we want to contribute to that as well.

Other:
We hope to have made an OFFER YOU CAN'T REFUSE~
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8KHXKOji4Q&list=LLaiuPvNxP6BQEohFdE7Tc6g) dramatic effect GET.

Sorry we can't provide any WoL logs because we don't really use it.

Thank you for your time to read our app. cheers

zephism
Piglet

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Joint App from Zephism/Valhallen (Rogue&DK) Empty Re: [Declined] Joint App from Zephism/Valhallen (Rogue&DK)

Post  Knuckler Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks for your applications guys. Can tell you put a lot of time into it, and we appreciate that. We're gonna discuss it internally and get back to you, but let me say already, that you're in a tough spot as melee spots are sparse in 10 man raids. One question: have any notable alts you'd be willing to raid on in case we cant accept your melees?
Knuckler
Knuckler
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Joint App from Zephism/Valhallen (Rogue&DK) Empty Re: [Declined] Joint App from Zephism/Valhallen (Rogue&DK)

Post  Endelar Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Thats the most detailed applications ive seen in ages. Loving it.
if only you had been a shadow priest and ele shaman i think its safe to say that you would have been trialed right away. As it stands, however, we're not swimming in melee spots. We will finish the internal discussion shortly and return with an answer.
Endelar
Endelar
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  zephism Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi guys, thank you for the answer and even remotely considering it, unfortunately we don't have alts as it is right now :-(

zephism
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Lachtobi Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Hey Felix and Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to write these apps. I enjoyed reading them.

Your gear and experience is obviously a bit behind most of our raiders, but you seem keen on learning and improving, and that's also important. Unfortunately, our situation right now is that we have two melee DPS - a rogue and a DK - who have been on those spots for over a year (and, truth be told, we'd probably be better off with just one melee). If and when that changes, we might be able to give you a fair trial, but for the time being all we can offer is a social spot.

If that's not what you seek - completely understandable - I wish both of you the best of luck in your search.
Lachtobi
Lachtobi
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  Unvi Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi guys, really enjoyed the apps, it's great to find people with a sense of humour and some style after going through candidates for years.

Right now as a 10 man group we struggle with 2 melee dps, adding another 2 would just destroy any chance of progress on many fights. The rogue and frost DK we have are almost at a stage where they can be considered good enough for a guaranteed slot so sadly we can not replace them.

The other guys were right though, wish you had good ranged alts.

Wherever you end up I wish you good luck.
Unvi
Unvi
Eeyore

Back to top Go down

Post  zephism Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 pm

No problem, thank you for your time anyhow Very Happy

zephism
Piglet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down